Work in progress

Last summer, I think, I took part in Lori Holt’s Quilty Fun quilt along.  I was fun, it kept me sewing, and I won some Alphabities from posting all my progress on Flickr.  I completed the top but never got to the back.  I pulled it out a few times this past year, attempting to complete it.  I just never could find the right fabric for the back.

image

But then I did.  Such cute daisies that go perfectly with the theme of the sampler quilt.  It even allowed me to piece the cute bonnet Lori made for the backing.  With red background, I think it looks great.  So I pieced the back with the bonnet and basted it last night.  Now all that’s left is to quilt it.  I’m going with some easy free motion pattern.

image

I have one more work in progress before I can start a queen quilt for our spare bedroom.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s